Online FLEX ACTIVITIES
- In 1981 the California Legislature approved a number of provisions which gave community colleges the option of utilizing up to 15 of the required 175 instructional days for professional development activities aimed at instructional improvement.
- Full -time and Adjunct faculty must document their flex activitiies. Here are the new guidelines 2002-2003 for Flex Activitites.
- For the convenience of our Faculty, the following flex activities may be done entirely online, and once completed, the work emailed to our Flex Coordinator Sandi Lampert.
- Prepare a 1/2 hour class lesson plan using the BOPPS format outlined in Instructional Skills Workshop theory- counts as 3 hours flex credit
- Prepare a syllabus for your class pursuant to Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations (Education) Section 55002 "Standards & Criteria for Courses - counts as 3 hours flex credit
- Learn simple HTML commands and prepare a simple html page using the html commands you have learned - counts as 3 hours flex credit
- Implement a "threaded hypernews discussion" in your classroom covering one class topic - counts as 3 hours flex credit
- Prepare a simple webpage for your class - counts as 5-7 hours flex credit
- How do I get started?
- Email David Jordan at email@example.com, and instructions will be returned to you on your online assignment.
Here is some more information about Flex Activities and other useful links:
| Flex Hours Claim Form | Conference Request Form | Flex Activities 2001 | Staff Development Updates | Computer Tips and Tricks | Other Useful Teaching Related Sites | Our Staff Development Home Page |